Southern Huntingdon County MS/HS Counseling Department
Welcome to the Southern Huntingdon County Middle School/High School Counseling Department website! Our staff of certified school counselors serves students in grades 6 through 12. Below you will find announcements and upcoming events scheduled by the School Counseling Department.
FAFSA and Financial Aid Night
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 6:00PM: We will be hosting a FAFSA and Financial Aid night in the Library for any seniors pursuing higher education and their parents.
A brief overview of the FAFSA and Financial Aid process will be followed by an opportunity for parents to complete the FAFSA* with guidance from Penn Highlands Community College staff.
*In order to complete the FAFSA this night, please follow the instructipons below
- Student and 1 Parent (parent completing the FAFSA) each need to set up their FSA ID and password at least 3 days prior to the workshop. They should keep this information in a safe place and bring it with them to the FAFSA workshop.
- Student and Parent(s) should bring with them:
- Social Security numbers
- Student’s Driver’s license (if applicable)
- 2017 Federal Tax information for both student/parent
- 2017 W2 and 1099 information for both student/parent – 1099 forms can come from Pension payments received, unemployment income, etc. the form will have 1099 somewhere on the form - not all folks have a 1099.
- Bank statements, records of investments, records of untaxed income (i.e. veterans non-education benefits, child support (paid or received)